High Commission against Drugs and Intoxicants
High Commission against Drugs and Intoxicants is established based by the president on the decree no. (17) Dating back to 17/2/1399.
The Administrative Office of the President has the secretariat responsibility of this council.
Duties and Responsibility of the High Commission
- Approve and review the implementation of the National Strategy for Drug Control and Intoxication, and its revisions.
- Approve policies and procedures related to the fight against drugs and intoxicants and monitor its implementation.
- To take the necessary measures to strengthen coordination and cooperation among the relevant ministries and departments.
- To take necessary measures to reduce the demand for drugs and intoxicants and to provide treatment for drug addicts.
- Take the necessary measures to prevent the illegal cultivation of narcotic plants.
- Establishment of a technical committee in order to better implement the provisions of this law, if necessary.
- Listening to the performance report and reviewing the challenges and problems of the fight against drugs and making decisions in the field.
- Proposing to amend the provisions of law.
- Deciding on the cultivation of narcotics-producing plants in order to meet the medical, industrial and scientific research needs.
- Follow-up on the actions of the police, prosecutors and relevant courts in drug and intoxication cases.