Based on President Ghani’s decree, Mr. Ahmad Nader Naderi was appointed as the president’s senior advisor on strategic and public relations’ affairs at the rank of beyond-grade.
The decree says that the president’s senior advisor on strategic and public relations’ affairs attends the meetings of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan’s Cabinet. Furthermore, he serves as the member of Afghanistan High Economic Council, and attends the National Security Council’s meeting in case of necessity.
Also it is written in the decree that, “The president’s senior advisor on strategic and public relations’ affairs is assigned to develop the policy and fundamental principles for strategic relations’ affairs and to manage and coordinate the relevant entities.”
Before this, the president of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan had introduced Mr. Naderi as the honorary ambassador of freedom of speech.
Mr. Naderi has obtained his master’s degree on International Relations in George Washington University.
Mr. Naderi participated at the ‘UN-sponsored peace talks on the future of Afghanistan’ which was held in Bonn, Germany in 2001. In addition, he has worked as spokesman for the Independent Commission of the Emergency Loya Jirga and thereinafter as the representative of Afghan Civil Society at Emergency Loya Jirga in 2002 where the head of Afghanistan Transitional Government was selected.
The commissioner of Afghanistan Human Rights Commission can be noted as Mr. Naderi’s most significant duty.
Other activities and responsibilities that Mr. Naderi has had, can be listed as below:
- Member of the World Economic Forum’s Global Agenda Council for fragile states for three years;
- Advisor to the Libyan Transitional Government for more than one year in 2012;
- Chairman of the International Advisory Board’s Mission on rule of law and Justice for Libya;
- Director of Afghanistan Research and Evaluation Unit;
- Head of the organization entitled ‘International Human Rights Law Group’;
- Fundamental Laws Lecturer at American University of Afghanistan in 2012
- Founder of the Free & Fair Election Forum of Afghanistan;
- Chairman of the Afghanistan Open Society Foundation’s board of directors for a 5-year period.
Many articles of Mr. Naderi have been published in reliable international papers. Further, Mr. Naderi, who has been awarded with numerous prizes, can speak in Dari, Pashto, Balochi and English languages.